Followers

Tuesday 8 May 2018

2018

Wow, it's been a while. 1st posting of 2018 and it's already May.

A lot had been going on in life. De'Press Art has been growing and growing by the day. It's a good sign I guess. The last post that I blog about was in October of 2017. That was the time I was busy with JB Art Fest. Where is conducted my zine class and Poetic vibes. It has been a non stop monthly event after event after event it seems.

2017 started out with Independent & Art Market, I did 3 edition of Independent & Art Market where the 3rd edition was in Kluang. Kluang is awesome. It's bigger then JB. ( The town I mean ) good breakfast especially the coffee.

Then there was Poetry Palooza and Kunang-Kunang IV, before wrapping up poetry event with Poetic Vibes during JB Art Fest.

I myself was surprise. I din't think that I would manage to do that much of event in short period of time. Well I did and I manage to achieve my outcome. I wanted to create a platform for those who are interested in arts. All kind of arts just to showcase their talent to the public.

JB has a long way to go before arts can be appreciated by the public at large. But at the same time, there are lots of collectives and NGOs merge and get involve with arts. A massive sign that this will turn and spark a new culture among the people.

My ultimate goal is only for Johor Bahru to be an Arts and Cultural HUB for Malaysia.

It's not an easy thing to accomplish. But I will do what I can do for as long as God will me to do it. The sad part of it is that I lost few friends along the way.

hurmmm... Can I really call them as FRIENDS??? I mean, a friend would help each other and not try to pull someone's potential back just because they are not comfortable with it. They are more to just acquaintances I guess. I was too kind and too optimistic to try to change their life for the better. They are comfortable with themselves that way. So why should I event try? No one can change a person either then that person itself.

I'll continue on doing my thing and try to help as many people as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment