Followers

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender #LGBT

The LGBT issue is hot right now, my lost writings may or may not help citizens to understand them better rather then just judge them base on one sided view of their understanding (religion).

It was 2010, the year that I went to KL to develop my career. I was 23 at the time and was still clueless on what I wanted to become. My space and Friendster was dead, twitter was on the raise where facebook had already established itself as the number one social media platform. But it was thru Tagged that I manage to start on my research as there are many "subjects"available fro research.

I have a friend since primary school. Can't mention his name but He was an effeminate guy. Kindda soft and imitate the behavior of a girl. He also have a wicked tongue. Meet up with him a few years after I finish high school and he had become softer and starts to wear girly clothes and lip stick. At first I thought it was an emo style gone wrong since Emo and Gothic was a famous pop culture back then. Since he had been working in Singapore, I always thought that he was following the style there.
But I know it was more then that when he starts to wear tight pink shirt with mini girl shorts and girls flip flops. He's close with another 2 friends from school in which I grew up with. They to are like him. I guess they form a pack and stick together despite disapproval from the public. 

I had an acquaintance when I was studying in UiTM, same batch but different course. He's soft but still look like a boy. Often bullied but later found refuge among  the seniors who are like him but more extreme. Those seniors appearance are like Transgender. They have boobs and even wear girl like clothes. But he was accepted when all other rejected him due to his appearance. When we became seniors, his appearance too had change, not that extreme like the previous seniors but it was more then he was when he was a junior.

These experience had spark interest in me to get to know them to understand on why there were what they are. I manage to have a talk with the him to study his background and try to find a conclusion.
He was just an effeminate guy, growing up with 5 siblings and he's the only boy. He's close with his sisters and don't have many friends as his family move a lot due to his father's work. His sisters often play girl stuff with him, put on make up and play dress up. That was how he got his girl trades.

But his answer does not satisfy me as I have a cousin who's the only boy from 8 siblings of girls. He turn out ok. So I can't make a conclusion from him. I also thought that it was due to a broken family, but my friend from Primary school have a beautiful normal loving family. I can't find they "key"factor on the reason behind why are they like that.

I start to get to know them in Tagged. Apparently, you can find all sorts of people in KL. It's where everyone goes to escape I guess. "The Sin City". Lengkok Raja Laut is a street in between Jalan Raja Laut , Jalan Chow Kit and Jalan Ipoh. It is equivalent to "Jalan Susur" in JB or Jalan Dhobi.
Well Jalan Dhobi in Johor Bahru had changed now.

I started to notice the place when I wanted to withdraw money from Standard Charted bank in Jalan Ipoh ( The Branch has closed down now ). There would be cars circling the area and I can see some "girls"talking to the cars that passed by. Some even entered the car after they talk for a while.

Since I use Chow Kit Monorail station everyday, I get to see what's going on often around that area. I meet with this one person one night when I was having my dinner in a corner store at Jalan Chow Kit. I can't remember his name but he was a cross dresser. He was sitting across the table from me, in front of the television. I was eating and looking at the television and he thought that I was checking him out. I remember he said something like this "Tengok tengok bukan dapat apa, nak kenal mari la duduk sebelah sini" I just smile and said, "Saya tengok TV Kak" he turn his back to the TV and said "Malu aku... Sorry". with his nasal voice.  He starts to mumble alone talking to himself and blaming his late friend. I remember he had a BB phone at the time. After I'm done eating I go to the counter and paid for my food and his drink. Told him that I had paid for his drink and he thank me. He had asked for my BB pin. I lied and said I had left my BB at home and asked him to give him his pin instead. I was actually using a Nokia phone at the time as I can't afford to buy a BB phone. BB phone was expensive during that period in time.

*********************************************************************************

      
   

No comments:

Post a Comment